Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaadont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing
(09-30-2022, 08:46 AM)Xileria Wrote: True, but ownership here is not based on who claim to be the owner or who we personally know as the owner, it's whoever this server recognized as the account owner.

If they believe account sharing is co-ownership then aaaaa has ownership of the account too. Sharing your account means sharing ownership of that account. I don't think this is really surprising. 

This might be something new for others but not really for me. In the past server, there are cases of people quitting and leaving their accounts for years for other people to use. Later they return, change password of the account and the other players complaining about it, but believe it or not Haze return some of those account to those players who spend more time using the accounts.

More or less, it's what the GM said, your username/password is what gives you the ownership right for an account. If you give another person an access to it, that person will have co ownership with the account. Unless it was stolen there's no reason for GM to take action on anyone using the account. Sharing your account is your own choice.

So yes, in case of aaaaa, the account is considered as under his ownership too. And you can list the reason why based on what GM Frosty stated. 

Also please don't mistake my words as the words of the GMs.  It's just my opinion, I am not involve in this case and I don't know every specifics about this case, I am not the one who banned them and maybe the gm who banned them have better evidences.  I am just laying out a neutral investigation based on how this accounts were possibly banned. I don't know aaaaa or starry and I don't represent the GM who banned them. 

If the GM who banned aaaaa and starry don't care about this thread, we can't help it either. In the end this is not a proper appeal section and we can't force them to reply here.

So in short, the server can choose arbitrarily who the owner of an account is? Why is this not stated in the rules? Isn't it unfair to ban people on something that is not in the rules? The proper action for this is to revise the rules and to ban subsequent violations only. I hope you guys know about ex post facto laws.

I am happy that the players involved are unbanned or have reduced sentence (honestly, they should have been unbanned, since there was no direct violation of the rules, but nevermind, it is the GM's decision). But, for the safety of other players, I hope you guys revise the rules so that people have due process and are informed of the things they have to avoid. Because, even me, I would have not known that it is the GM team that determines ownership, not the one who created it.
Issue resolved, closing thread.
(09-30-2022, 06:40 PM)celestial Wrote: So in short, the server can choose arbitrarily who the owner of an account is? Why is this not stated in the rules? Isn't it unfair to ban people on something that is not in the rules? The proper action for this is to revise the rules and to ban subsequent violations only. I hope you guys know about ex post facto laws.

I am happy that the players involved are unbanned or have reduced sentence (honestly, they should have been unbanned, since there was no direct violation of the rules, but nevermind, it is the GM's decision). But, for the safety of other players, I hope you guys revise the rules so that people have due process and are informed of the things they have to avoid. Because, even me, I would have not known that it is the GM team that determines ownership, not the one who created it.

I don't know what you dont get when you quoted previous Frosty post and Xilerias post. But I will just clear before any misinformation spread. You make it sound so wrong. Arbitrarily? The basis of that is players login history. That is not random or simply on whim.

You should not DUAL login account you dont own FREQUENTLY with your other accounts, if you do that anyone who check DB will think its your account too.

We have no idea about your sharings. You are supposed to only dual client your own accounts such as alts. If you are dual clienting account you don't own whose fault it is if it got flagged as under your ownership? Its yours and the other player for giving the account to you.

aaaaa had been playing both accounts in the past together, he dual client it frequently to the point that both account got banned in dice. That's why that account looks like he is the owner of it. And he didnt get banned while starry is using the account.

Both accounts got banned while under his IP. He is claiming its his brother who is using it, but because the accounts are believed to be his own, it doesnt matter if it was his brother or not.

AJ account + Starry account = 2 accounts under AJ's ownership/co-ownership. This is true the moment starry share the account to AJ.
AJ cannot fish with his main account and starry account under his IP anymore. BECAUSE both account are under his ownership/co ownership.

Please process this. If starry is the one using it in malaysia, on his own device, this account is not going to be banned immediately because GMs wont have enough cause of action.

Fishing on your IP with 2 accounts flagged under your ownership is an instant multiclient abuse. So don't fish with 2 or more accounts flagged under your ownership in the same IP. The title of this topic is correct except if the accounts are distinct and not flagged under one player ownership, it will be fine. Now frosty already explain how to avoid getting accounts you don't own to be flagged under your ownership but all it boils down, is not using account you dont own with your other accounts in your device.

Account ownership depends on who have the username and password of an account. Is there a problem for it? Players are never advise or told to share their account. If you do, you are giving the co ownership for your account. Is that something too difficult to comprehend?

If someone gave their account and quit for years and someone play that account for those years, who do you think should get the account? This is something so simple yet you make it sound too complicated. Some people also used to give account to scam others to groom it for months then suddenly try to take it back.

All this issue wont be an issue if people will read the notice to share your account at your own risk. Don't share your account and you wont have problem with ownership. If you want to use time limited npc, only use them with your own account. If someone share an account to you. Ask them to use it by themselves in this time limited npcs.