Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ONLYGANBANTEINWindowsDefender/VirusTotal false positives
BRO Team,
I saw another thread but it looked like it wasn't moving so i wanted to post my own with info. I tried to get on and fart around for a bit and when i launched my second client i got the following error.

[Image: TefJtsE.png]

I did some investigation (my start bar shortcut silently swallowed the error and identified the following in Windows Defender.
[Image: 0MX1dB7.png]

afterwards, i plugged the patcher into virustotal as i know windows defender can be a little out of control from time to time and do pattern matching on executable instead of focusing on signature matching, especially in these older exes and dlls where theres lots of registry and file system interaction outside of AppData (nowadays thats incredibly suspicious so we expect it and then clear the fog around it). This was my result:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/d29d...4f/details

I know bRO has developers/scripters/admins but i wasn't sure if you guys had "this" kind of developer so I wanted to offer some legwork.
hopefully this assists in troubleshooting the windows defender/virus signature problems. I have a hard time thinking someone would have intentionally packaged something hostile but i'msure that you all would want to know as it seems like a problem we don't need while trying to grow as a new community.

Let me know if there's anything else I can get for you.
Go into your Window Defender, the protection history > action > allow it.
I hate windows defender I actually went and force deleted the actual executables for it from windows that program is a joke and it likes to hog systems resources