Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xbockxbg dead?
good morning everyone

Will any of the olds know why the bg is so dead?
because why bg when we can keep fishing and get rich in game with very little effort invested
(05-30-2023, 09:11 PM)Elvira Wrote: because why bg when we can keep fishing and get rich in game with very little effort invested

because the bg is fun and the rewards are good anyway..
To fish, you have to wait and do nothing, isn't that boring?

I still fish whenever I can but I also do missions and try to help my friends
(05-30-2023, 10:40 PM)xbockx Wrote: because the bg is fun and the rewards are good anyway..

most of the server is lazy and fishing is the easy way out
Leader of guild: Angels of Death(AoD)

IGNs
Malaphar (Gunslinger)
Astrial (Soul Linker)
Mallaphar (SC)
Dra'aakan (GX)
Himaust (WL)
Malafar (RG)
(05-30-2023, 10:40 PM)xbockx Wrote: because the bg is fun and the rewards are good anyway..

bg is fun but being rewarded by doing nothing is definitely better
(06-01-2023, 11:24 AM)Seamless Wrote: bg is fun but being rewarded by doing nothing is definitely better

How is it going to be better to be rewarded for doing nothing... the account loses its value like this and it is even more useful to have money if they prevent new people from coming to the server without bg so the server will end up dying
because most pvp players quit!
put diamond license(3days) maybe will increase the activity
It depends who you ask and when you ask.

Over the last few years the lack of BG activity has been blamed on several things, all of which have been addressed, but the lack of BG activity remains.

Some of the reasons I remember the community using to justify why they dont BG:

1. No rewards - Plenty have been added since, Battle badges doubled, and market was added with access to almost all items in game.
2. Players don't die/tank too much - Several skill and formula changes, damage boosters, 3rd job skills were added.
3. Boring/no 3rd job skills - 3rd job skills added
4. OP/no 2nd job skills - added 3rd job and 2nd job BG days
5. People only join the BG round before it ends and it makes it longer and boring - added time based rewards and limit to obtain round rewards.
6. Again, not enough reason to BG - Added HSS and several other BG initiatives

The reasons above are probably al from the last 2 years.

The reality is that the majority of our players have been here for many years. They already have everything, and any new item that comes out only provides them with 1-2 weeks of effort before they are back to having it all. While knowing this, we developed the HSS system which would require players to constantly farm in order to use the effect, unlike Elite Weapons.. that you farm once and you are done. However, HSS doesn't seem to be enough to drive BG activity.

Although we'd love to say BG and PvP are fun, apparantly they aren't fun enough to drive competition. These same veterans already know each other well. They know who they can kill and who they can't, sometimes ignoring those uber tanks or popular players. Others simply don't want to attack their friends so they focus only the newbies.

The newbie enters BG wanting to enjoy it, only to find he/she is no competition not only in terms of experience and items, but also in the lack of in-game friendships...resulting in the newbie getting ganged non stop to the point that they are pushed out of BG or the server entirely.

To summarize:
The real reason BG is dead is the age of the majority of the community and the culture of bullying newbies with friends rather than helping and raising the competition up to their standards.
[+] 5 users Like HaZe's post
(06-03-2023, 01:22 PM)Bravo Wrote: It depends who you ask and when you ask.

Over the last few years the lack of BG activity has been blamed on several things, all of which have been addressed, but the lack of BG activity remains.

Some of the reasons I remember the community using to justify why they dont BG:

1. No rewards - Plenty have been added since, Battle badges doubled, and market was added with access to almost all items in game.
2. Players don't die/tank too much - Several skill and formula changes, damage boosters, 3rd job skills were added.
3. Boring/no 3rd job skills - 3rd job skills added
4. OP/no 2nd job skills - added 3rd job and 2nd job BG days
5. People only join the BG round before it ends and it makes it longer and boring - added time based rewards and limit to obtain round rewards.
6. Again, not enough reason to BG - Added HSS and several other BG initiatives

The reasons above are probably al from the last 2 years.

The reality is that the majority of our players have been here for many years. They already have everything, and any new item that comes out only provides them with 1-2 weeks of effort before they are back to having it all. While knowing this, we developed the HSS system which would require players to constantly farm in order to use the effect, unlike Elite Weapons.. that you farm once and you are done. However, HSS doesn't seem to be enough to drive BG activity.

Although we'd love to say BG and PvP are fun, apparantly they aren't fun enough to drive competition. These same veterans already know each other well. They know who they can kill and who they can't, sometimes ignoring those uber tanks or popular players. Others simply don't want to attack their friends so they focus only the newbies.

The newbie enters BG wanting to enjoy it, only to find he/she is no competition not only in terms of experience and items, but also in the lack of in-game friendships...resulting in the newbie getting ganged non stop to the point that they are pushed out of BG or the server entirely.

To summarize:
The real reason BG is dead is the age of the majority of the community and the culture of bullying newbies with friends rather than helping and raising the competition up to their standards.

Pretty much spot on lmao, our PVP culture quite literally walls off any fresh blood from coming in. Unfortunately it's reality right now, aside from the fact that some others might not have time atm or something like that