Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HaZeServer Host Migration
BraveRO is migrating to a new host!

The current/previous host, which is located in Malaysia, suffered from intermittent network issues and was vulnerable to large DDOS attacks. This resulted in several complains about lag and disconnections from our users.

After a lot of research, we have found a great company to host BraveRO!

The server itself will move to the West Coast, USA. However, the same company will also host proxies for Australia, Germany, Singapore and East Coast USA. Since the main server and proxies are from the same company, we expect the proxies to have a good performance in most scenarios.

With the host moving from Malaysia to the West Coast USA, we do anticipate that our SEA players average latency will increase. However, overall everyone should have a much smoother gameplay and a experience a lot less disconnections and/or lag spikes.

Connecting to the closest proxy based on your location will allow you to jump on the hosting company's network "express way" and should result in a much smoother game play. You can use the command " !ping " in-game to check your average latency for each proxy and decide which one works best.

The server's stability will be under observation for the next 72 hours as we will have to tweak several settings to match the new server's specifications. 

You will need to run your BraveRO patcher in order to receive the connection settings for the new host and the proxies.
[+] 8 users Like HaZe's post
Here's to a successful migration! <3
Hoping there won't be any issues for the proxies.
The server is now online and the migration is complete.

We recommend that users log in and test their latency for different proxies using !ping in-game. This will ensure that your connection is on the fastest route. If the proxy ever encounters issues, revert back to the direct connection and see if it's better.

For our SEA players we recommend connecting directly, or through the Singapore or Australia proxy.
For our North Americans, South Americans and Canadians we recommend the East Coast or West Coast Proxy.
For our European players, we recommend the direct or Germany proxy.
[+] 1 user Likes HaZe's post
I was having ~30 ping before migration , now i have close to ~200 ping either proxy or direct , reason why i like BRO was having low ping compared to DRO and able to have swift reflexes on skill and pvp , but this is an upset for me Sad . Barely able to spam skill nor fast command.
(01-04-2023, 12:09 AM)CreativityUnleashed Wrote: I was having ~30 ping before migration , now i have close to ~200 ping either proxy or direct , reason why i like BRO was having low ping compared to DRO and able to have swift reflexes on skill and pvp , but this is an upset for me Sad . Barely able to spam skill nor fast command.

Well, to me, it was 180 ping in Dro, now in Bro it was 380 to 410 ping, so I don't like the server based in Malasya, can't spam shit in STP and BG, been long time I don't go to BG
We are aware that SEA players will now experience higher latency, as the distance to the host has been increased.

This is the same high latency that North and South American players were experiencing while the server was hosted in Malaysia.
However, even SEA players were experiencing the intermittent lag spikes and disconnections on the Malaysia host.. so everyone was struggling, even those close to the server.

We hope that the move to this new host will result in a much more stable gameplay for all our players. Even if that means that our SEA will have a higher latency than they had when the server was hosted in Malaysia.
I hope there could be a vote for player about the migration matters
even sitting now gives delay so bad :')
NOT EVERYONE PLAY FOR PVP
for me, using the australia proxy makes it the same way as when the server host was in malaysia, so it's like no change happened for me.
ping in singapore proxy felt like a visual bug, my ping is averaging 14, but sitting up and down is very slow, unlike previous host, and my ninja can leap so fast now like the one back in dro when i had 150-200ping, but when !ping is only 14 ms, if im not mistaken its not possible to leap fast when u have that 14ms ping xD.