Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RilianeForging Update: Shapeless Weapon
Is it possible to enchant shapeless weapons without holding the weapon please?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(11-23-2022, 01:09 PM)Feurille Wrote: Is it possible to enchant shapeless weapons without holding the weapon please?

Though it's not impossible it will require a lot of work including core modification. Currently the script command we use for enchanting is this.

*setrandomoption(<equipment slot>,<index>,<id>,<value>,<param>{,<char id>});

Equipment slot is where the item is equipped. Without it, the command can't tell what to enchant. Additionally, even if there's another script command added for it, the npc will require a lot of checks.

Which exact item you want to enchant, are there duplicate or other shapeless weapon in your inventory, etc including some check to avoid possible exploit. More or less not worth the work.
(11-23-2022, 02:32 PM)Riliane Wrote: Though it's not impossible it will require a lot of work including core modification. Currently the script command we use for enchanting is this.

*setrandomoption(<equipment slot>,<index>,<id>,<value>,<param>{,<char id>});

Equipment slot is where the item is equipped. Without it, the command can't tell what to enchant. Additionally, even if there's another script command added for it, the npc will require a lot of checks.

Which exact item you want to enchant, are there duplicate or other shapeless weapon in your inventory, etc including some check to avoid possible exploit. More or less not worth the work.

could the npc possibly be setup that you have to move the item to "box" in some way? I have seen that a few places
Leader of guild: Angels of Death(AoD)

IGNs
Malaphar (Gunslinger)
Astrial (Soul Linker)
Mallaphar (SC)
Dra'aakan (GX)
Himaust (WL)
Malafar (RG)
(11-23-2022, 02:42 PM)Malaphar Wrote: could the npc possibly be setup that you have to move the item to "box" in some way? I have seen that a few places

Just to make it clear, asking if it's possible is not the problem here. It's just that it will take quite some effort to do so. As I said above there's no other currently working script command that allow enchantment on non equipped item (there's one which is getitem3 but it's not on our server yet, so it will also require an update or modification to add it). Unfortunately Random option do not work similarly with normal enchantment like the one in valkyrie.

If I am not mistaken the one that will require a box is more like a selling item system. It has limitations too, such as it can't check the cards slotted on the item, refinement, enchantment and so on. So yes you will even need to modify such system in addition to what Feurille want, and add it in the server.

If it's something I could do in few hours without requiring me to do a lot of testing to make sure the system is exploit and bug proof i might give it some time but I don't think it will only take me few days to do so. And I don't want to put the server in inconvenience of testing whether it will work by rebooting it a few times just to make enchanting more convenient for players
Okay because my problem is that I got a shapeless weapon for a class I don't have and I don't want to delete any char to enchant it because only that account has the halloween candies, which is untradeable and can't be acquired anywhere else anymore.

Anyway, I understand.

Can I perhaps have it enchanted through ticket then? Lol.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Shapeless Long Bow still 2 handed.... Tongue