Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TyrannicalBattleground Question
Does, not moving a cell trigger the anti-afk inside BG?
even though i kept on switching, using pots, and even devo'ing my team before it happened?

Battleground Rules (making sure I didn't commit any offenses)

Players are required to help their respective teams, either with killing, completing objectives, or any act that is beneficial to the team. Thus, failing to do anything for the team, just doing nothing and standing, auto-following someone, and/or going AFK for a prolonged period of time just to claim badges and other battlegrounds rewards, waiting to be killed, or until the game ends is considered illegal.zx

You may jump @ time 16:00 from the video.

- I wasn't even JUST standing. I was pressing my keys for pots and switching, see entire video.
- I wasn't AFK even for a second. I may stand in a cell for a few seconds, because i always position myself where my skill (devotion) can reach most of teammates.  
- I wasn't WAITING to be killed. I shouldn't be healing up with pots if that was the case.

I just want to know how the detection works, because it happened to me twice already.
the first one was, because of the sorc's skill that prevented me to move, deep sleep + the AoE skill which i forgot along with slingshot, flinched caused by attacks from enemy that causes tile bugs - unable to move immediately (can't spam refresh), until i got kicked out "for being AFK". (Failed to document it, i wasn't expecting that to happen.)

Perhaps some of these rules/criteria that triggers the anti-afk can be adjusted? if they don't want the skills to be adjusted.
Considering how few players are participating in the battlegrounds even during this Halloween event in leveling their Compendium Book.
as far as i know, it should not be kicking when you are switching equipment or healing using consumables, but I am not sure because I haven't joined BG that much ever since we switched to renewal.

If it's kicking players even though they are trying to use potions, switching item etc, then it's possible that there's only 3 criteria that the system checks.

The system most likely only check if:

1. Player is attacking
2. Player is using skill
3. Player is not moving

If all these 3 are not happening, then the system is most likely gonna declare the player as "idle" and will get that player kicked in BG. It might be possible to place a "status check" on idle system but I am not really sure about this at the moment.

Another option is adjusting the idle timer to a bit longer since most actual AFK'ers don't really "idle" anyway and just use skill using macro or make their characters walk, so it's honestly pretty useless in most cases.

Of course the other option is suggesting a change on the skill that causes it.