Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaadont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing
(09-29-2022, 03:20 PM)celestial Wrote: So, just to clarify, does this mean that if i have multiple accounts, I cannot let my friends/relatives play and let them fish with it? 

I ask this because i own multiple accounts and my brother sometimes play too (not fishing for now).

you got it. 

In the first place what aaaaa can't understand is that he was banned under this rule. NOT DUAL CLIENTING. 

The creation and use of multiple accounts for the purpose of using and abusing time-limited and/or account-bound NPCs (e.g. Wheel of Fortune, Daily Quest, Scavenger Hunts, claiming Division salary/benefits). Depending on the severity of your actions and the results of a GM's investigations, a higher form of offense may be imposed,
  • Punishment: 1st Offense: 2 weeks ban - 2nd Offense: 3 month ban - 3rd Offense: Permanent Ban (All related accounts)

1. This particular rule is not about dual-login. It's about the use of multiple accounts where they are not supposed to be used. 

Why is ownership important? 
Because if you don't own the account then there will be no "MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS" abuse in the first place. The reason this rule is there is to prevent players from using multiple accounts to claim rewards in these supposed to be single account npcs. 

Why you can't just tell other players to play your accounts for this? 

Strictly speaking, the essence of this rule is to avoid a single person from benefitting more than once through obtaining rewards in account bound npcs. This is especially true for npcs that give tradeable rewards. Fishing is one of those. Fishing with multiple accounts will allow players to get too much reward than intended.

Some might think it's fine if another person is using the account but no, if the account is not owned by the one using the account, the one that will benefit on the things obtained by that account is the account owner too. Basically they can transfer the reward, or sell it. Additionally if this is allowed it would be very difficult for GM's to ban anyone under this rule. How hard it is to claim that someone else is using the account during that time? It's very easy. Regardless as I've said it will still give advantage to the owner of the accounts that's why it's not allowed.

Now in case of aaaaa he is most likely being considered as owner of those accounts for reasons I already stated. Of course that's based on my own investigation not the GM who banned him. Appeal are not supposed to be discuss here anyway.

If he is not considered the owner of those accounts, then there will be no MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS here.

Messages In This Thread
RE: dont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing - by Xileria - 09-29-2022, 04:09 PM