Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaadont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing
So, I'll try to be as neutral as I can here.

First off, this case should only be contained within the bounds of the appeal section. As with anything, if you can prove your innocence, then any bans that have been placed will be promptly lifted.

Think of bans not as a damning action, but rather just a precautionary action done by GMs in case they see and have reason to believe that you're committing something illegal. Of course, except for really, really rare and serious cases or offenses, you won't be banned without sufficient evidence. We still need to see and gather evidences before the ban would even happen.

And now, it's your task to refute the evidence presented against you via the ban appeals section.

As what was said above, if you have party chat screenshots, you're more than welcome to present those as evidences. Or just any other sort of information that can help you prove that the ban was wrong.

Having staff/GMs that you like or hate is pretty much normal. But I'd strongly advise against dragging them into a situation that they're not even related.

So onto the topic of dual clienting.

As what you've quoted Admin Riliane, yes, that is correct and true.

However, please do note of the ruling or should I say, advise regarding sharing accounts. Since you've already mentioned it here, I guess there's no harm in elaborating in it further.

The mere fact that you were caught and banned by a GM before due to dual clienting inside Dice Event is already evidence to link your account and your friend's account as related accounts. You might be the owner of the accounts, you might just be playing with your friend's account from time to time, you might be sharing accounts with each other, and so on. That's one of the risks with sharing accounts.

Reading through the ban logs and evidences before, there's really a lot of cases in which Player A played with several accounts, let's say those are Accounts 1, 2, and 3. They did something illegal and got banned for it. Player B comes along and claims as the owner of Account 2, and 3. Nothing can be done because the evidence was severely incriminating and they simply waited out the ban.

As for internet cafes, for the most part there's nothing wrong with playing in there. We can always check and see whether the accounts playing in a cafe (or should I say the same IP address) are owned by one person or by different people.

But as with the topic starter's case, it's slightly different because of the previous ban on the accounts.

On another note, just because you weren't caught doing something illegal before, it doesn't make it right. We GMs are also players, we cannot hope to have an all seeing eye and instantly determine which players are in the same IP, same device, etc. We still have to manually check your accounts one by one.

Please don't take being caught or not doing illegal stuff as a form of bias. If we really want to ban someone we hate, what's stopping us from just banning them outright without evidence? Of course, if we do that, the Chief and the Admins will have our heads.

That's it from me. To the topic starter, you're more than welcome to continue your appeal in the proper section.

Thank you.
[Image: LTUU9f9.png] 

Messages In This Thread
RE: dont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing - by Claire - 09-29-2022, 02:48 AM