Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ElainaMining System
INTRODUCTION
By definition, Mining is the process of extracting useful materials from the earth. As such, the Mining System allows players to obtain various minerals and items in different areas of Midgard. The minerals you find can be be sold to other players for a good amount of zeny. Furthermore, you can also use the minerals (along with other various items) in order to Forge them into useful and valuable items and equipment.

HOW TO START MINING

First thing first! Before you can start digging into the earth, you must first procure a Drilling Boots from David Goldstein (@warp einbroch 50 200). The Drilling Boots will normally cost you 500,000,000 Zeny, but you might have a chance to get offered a discounted price of 250,000,000 Zeny.

In order to gain access to the ability to mine and your mining skills, equip your Drilling Boots first. A freshly purchased Drilling Boots doesn't have a drill attached to it, so you have to make one.

For you to make a drill, you must whisper to "npc:mine" the word "make." There will be a short cast time in which you are attempting to make a drill. The drill making process isn't 100% guaranteed to make a drill every time, so it may take several attempts in order to successfully make one. Once you successfully made a drill, you're now ready to mine! But hold on, you first have to find a mining area.

You must go to a map where there are active mines. You can talk to the Mining Guide (@warp caspen 173 232) in order to see the active mines for a certain mining bracket. Once you're in a map with active mines, you must now find the exact spot of those mines. Mines have no telltale signs and they are invisible. In order to help you, you can use your detection skill.

For you to start detecting, just send any message to "npc:mine". Literally anything will work. It can be "Drill", "start", "go", "123456", "sdafgfbfghghsd."  In order to detect the mine simply send any message to "npc:mine" - For example, "Drill", "Detect", or.."sdjskja". The skill will tell you if there's an active mine in an area or not. After that you can walk or use @jump/@warp to move around the map. Once you're near an active mine, the skill will tell you to move up, down, left, or right until you have found the mine's exact location. If this is your first time mining, locating a mine may take a few attempts at detecting. Once you've found a mine's exact location, you can mine there for quite a while (mostly true for lower level mines)  until it gets destroyed.

Once you're in a mine's exact location, simply send any message to "npc:mine" in order to begin drilling and excavating various items and minerals. 

Once you start mining, you must pay attention to the message that appears in your chat window. The "Heat" indicate the temperature of your drill. If it reaches its maximum value, your drill will break, and you must make a new drill. For example ">Mayan Mine [Level 10 / 36%]> Heat: 17/100 - Depth 2", your current heat is 17, and once this reaches 100, your drill will break. Level 10 is your current mining level. In order to prevent your drill from breaking, you must stop mining. After that, you can start mining again until your heat nears the maximum limit again. 36% if the current mining EXP you have for your level. Mayan Mine indicates the type of the mining spot you're in. Depth 2 indicates how far down you have been drilling in an attempt. This will increase the more you drill in a mining attempt. The depth will reset if you stop mining, break your drill, or move. 

Every time you stop drilling, break a drill, or get injured, it will take a few seconds before you can attempt to drill again. While stopping drilling and breaking a drill are things you mostly have control with, getting "injured" is often random and will result in varying HP loss. If you don't have enough HP when you get injured, your character will die. In case this happens, use /where first to determine the exact location of the mine you're using, then either use the coordinates to @warp back to the exact location, or go back to a town first in order to heal up.

MINING SKILLS
Every time you drill, you will earn Mining EXP. Even if you don't get any items from drilling, your Mining EXP will still increase. Furthermore, the deeper you dig, the more experience you will earn. Do remember that in the event that you break your drill or move while drilling, you will lose Mining EXP. Accumulate enough Mining EXP in order to raise your Mining Level. 

Every time you gain levels, you can use the given skill points in order to increase your Mining Skills. These points can be used to level up Mining Skills that will increase your productivity while mining. You will initially get at a minimum of 3 skill points per level, but the number of skill points received may vary depending on your Miner Level.

In order to view all skills and/or to level up Miner Skills whisper to "npc:mine" the word "skill".

Lynx Eye (Max Level: 10)
Improved detection capability. At level 10, you can jump directly to the mine or show it on the mini-map

Diamond Head (Max Level: 10)
Increases the heat resistance. (10 * Skill)%

Faster Drill (Max Level: 25)
Increase the Drill speed. (2 * Skill)%

Lucky Miner (Max Level: 10)
Increases the chances of gain minerals. (Skill / 20)%

Quick Rest (Max Level: 10)
The drill cools faster. (10 * Skill)%

Money Maker (Max Level: 20)
Gives a chance of receiving 1,000,000 Zeny every time the Drill spins. (Skill)%

Merchant Blood (Max Level: 20)
Increases the power of the drill and gain more depth after each try. (Skill)% 

Weight Boots (Max Level: 45)
Increases the weight limit when using Driller Boots. (1 + Skill / 5)% (All Classes except Merchant)

Double or Nothing (Max Level: 100)
Gives a chance of receiving 2 items at once. (Skill / 10)%

Repair (Max Level: 50)
Gives a chance of cool the Drill without stop the dig process. (Skill / 10)%

Drill Box (Max Level: 50)
Allow you to create more than 1 Drill, 1 x Skill

Magical Detection (Max Level: 100)
Increase the detection range. (Skill %)

Hero Exp Booster (Max Level: 100)
Increase the chances of gain 50k Hero EXP during the drill process. (Skill / 10)%

Division Exp Booster (Max Level: 100)
Add chances of gain 50 Division EXP during the dig process. (Skill / 10)%

Boot Care (Max Level: 100)
Decrease the chances of break the Driller Boots during the dig process. (Skill %) 

Copy-Right (Max Level: 1)
The items found while mining will be signed with the Miner's name. (Signed items don't stack with non signed items)

Mine Guardian (Max Level: 50)
Gives a chance of receive damage to protect the mine from the destruction. (Skill %) 

Miner Aura (Max Level: 100)
Decrease the chances of receive damage during the dig process. (Skill / 2 %)

Corrosive Oil (Max Level: 100)
Softens the rocks reducing the drill deterioration during the dig process. (Skill / 25) 

TYPES OF MINES
There are a total of 8 different mines, all of which drop minerals at different rates. The lower level mines are known for dropping more "trash" items than the higher level mines. It is important to increase your Miner Level so you can gain access to the more productive mines, and invest in skills that improve mining efficiency and increase drop rate of minerals. The mines are:

Mayan Mine
  • Min level to detect: 0
  • Distance to detect: 100
  • Min level to drill: 0
  • Roughness: 12

Moonlight Mine
  • Distance to detect: 80
  • Min level to drill: 0
  • Roughness: 12

Pharaoh Mine
  • Distance to detect: 75
  • Min level to drill: 5
  • Roughness: 14

Amon Ra Mine
  • Min level to detect: 10
  • Distance to detect: 35
  • Min level to drill: 15
  • Roughness: 16

Beelzebub Mine
  • Min level to detect: 15
  • Distance to detect: 10
  • Min level to drill: 40
  • Roughness: 17

Scarabah Mine
  • Min level to detect: 20
  • Distance to detect: 20
  • Min level to drill: 50
  • Roughness: 18

Valkyrie Mine
  • Min level to detect: 30
  • Distance to detect: 50
  • Min level to drill: 75
  • Roughness: 19

Addax Mine
  • Min level to detect: 50
  • Distance to detect: 15
  • Min level to drill: 150
  • Roughness: 20

MINERALS
There are various minerals that you may encounter while mining. These minerals are mostly used to forge items, equipment, or to make fused MVP Cards.

COMMON MINERALS
  • Bronzite 
  • Silicon 
  • Graphite 

LESS COMMON MINERALS
  • Aluminium
  • Copper
  • Magnetite
  • Mercury
  • Silver 

LESS RARE MINERALS
  • Albite 
  • Calcite
  • Corundum
  • Pure Oridecon Fragment 
  • Pure Elunium Fragment

RARE MINERALS
  • Adamite 
  • Onyx
  • Titanium
  • Blood Stone

ITEM DROP RATE
The followed formula for drop is:
  • Mine Name: The name of the mine class.
  • Item Name: The name of the item mined.
  • Item ID: The item ID of the item mined.
  • Drop Rate: The base drop rate of the item, example: 1000/10,000
  • Rate Increment: This value is multiplied by the depth. Example: If rate increment is 100 and your depth is 6 the total drop rate will be (1000+(100*6) = 1600/10,000)
  • Max: The maximum possible drop rate that can be achieved for that item.

In the example above the drop rate for an item is 1600/10,000. The way the script works is, a random number will be generated from 1~10,000 if the number is less than or equal to 1,600 --> you will successfully mine the item. Otherwise, you will not get any item and will have to keep digging.

To view a full list of items and their respective drop rates, you may refer to this PDF File: Mining Items and Drop Rates
Do note that due to the various updates that had happened to Mining, some of the items and rates indicated may be inaccurate, but it should give you a rough idea of what to expect.
[Image: 2UkClud.png]