Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HaZeWoE Guild Capacity & Alliances
WoE Guild Capacity:
The WoE guild capacity will be capped at 20 members. For a server our size, we believe capping the max guild members to 20 will increase the chance of competition and will open the door to more balanced guild wars (in terms of number of people). Any guild with more than 20 members will be unable to enter the WoE castle and will be kicked out if the cap is breached at any time. We may decide to increase or decrease the member cap based on our server population and level of competition.

Guild Alliances:
The guild alliance system will be disabled until further notice. Although we can't control whether a guild chooses to fight alongside or ignore another guild, we believe removing the system as a whole will at least make them be more careful with their alliance's strategy. It is not against the rules for 2 or more guilds to make an agreement to defend/attack different parts of a castle.

** The changes will go live June 9, 2022. Which means they will not affect WoE this weekend, but will affect next weekend's WoE. **
[+] 2 users Like HaZe's post
Well.. in my opinion.
In something call "war", there's no system called no alliance strategy. I think it's just no point of disable-ing it.
Rather should make the alliance system more to be usefull right now.

once again it's just my opinion. the rest assured will be the game decision to do whatever it will become.

cheers and sorry for my bad english
NOT EVERYONE PLAY FOR PVP
if you will cap at 20, can there be a differentiation between woe and casual/farming guilds. I know there are a few merchant guilds that have more than 20 members
Leader of guild: Angels of Death(AoD)

IGNs
Malaphar (Gunslinger)
Astrial (Soul Linker)
Mallaphar (SC)
Dra'aakan (GX)
Himaust (WL)
Malafar (RG)
[+] 1 user Likes Malaphar's post
(06-04-2022, 04:53 AM)Malaphar Wrote: if you will cap at 20, can there be a differentiation between woe and casual/farming guilds. I know there are a few merchant guilds that have more than 20 members

"Any guild with more than 20 members will be unable to enter the WoE castle and will be kicked out if the cap is breached at any time."
I'll post my reply here since it was asked in wrong section. Just to help in clarifying some things.

Alliance is supposed to be disabled. If it's still working. Report it here. Some changes tends to not work properly until an actual server reboot. We couldn't do a full reboot last week because of the event. Since no one reported about any issue on alliance, we assumed that it worked even without rebooting. Now if it's not. Report it and it will be fixed.

For other form of alliances
Quote: Although we can't control whether a guild chooses to fight alongside or ignore another guild, we believe removing the system as a whole will at least make them be more careful with their alliance's strategy.

As for dual clienting rules in WoE. As far as I know it was already removed in the Server Rules, it was also announced in game. Most people who read after it was posted was surprised about the rule. The dual clienting Rules is from DRO Wiki page. We drafted our server rules based on that wiki page. It means that such rule already exist in dRO but it was never executed by any GMs there. After deliberation, the GM team figured that the rule is pretty difficult to implement manually because they will need to check for dual client every few minutes for a whole hour. Spamming command the whole time and still they might miss some who does it. It's unlike during Boss Raid when GM's can just check for dual client before a boss die.

The only way to implement a proper anti dual client during WoE is by adding an automatic system to detect it. However this can cause severe lag in the server (I think it was implemented in dRO before? But it caused too much lag so it was removed). During the early weeks of migration our server is suffering from a lot of disconnection so the team figured that it's better to just remove that rule for now. Unless the community believe it's necessary. We will not bother adding it.
The party size has been reduced from 30 to 20 in order to match the current guild cap.

Originally, the party cap had been increased to 30 to accommodate for large division parties, however, divisions now rely on the faction system instead of the party system.

The change will not go into effect until the server is rebooted. You can check when the last reboot was by using @uptime ingame.
Thanks for having us here, We wish this server a long life and kudos to the changelogs. <3