Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nimeideCrashed before reaching character screen
Everything was fine up until select service (server) screen: BraveRO (xxx players).

After I hit the Enter key, the client crashes instantly. 

Saw this in the game_crash_log.txt, could it be the cause?

00# [FAIL] sprite\タホー」チキ\クモクョナ・ウイ\42_ウイ.spr [172 ms]
01# [FAIL] sprite\タホー」チキ\クモクョナ・ウイ\42_ウイ.act [172 ms]
02# [ OK ] sprite\タホー」チキ\ク・ウイ\ア豺ホニセナゥキホスコ_ウイ.spr [172 ms]
03# [ OK ] sprite\タホー」チキ\ク・ウイ\ア豺ホニセナゥキホスコ_ウイ.act [172 ms]
04# [ OK ] imf\セ錡シスナナゥキホスコ_ウイ.imf [172 ms]
05# [ OK ] texture\タッタ惕ホナヘニ菎フスコ\select_character\bg_select_character.bmp [172 ms]
06# [ OK ] texture\タッタ惕ホナヘニ菎フスコ\select_character\page_ball_fill.bmp [172 ms]
07# [ OK ] texture\タッタ惕ホナヘニ菎フスコ\select_character\page_ball_empty.bmp [172 ms]

....etc.
Hi, have you updated your patch? Locate BraveRO Patcher in your installation folder and run it to receive all necessary updates. It should solve these issues after patching.
Hi, I always launch the patcher and nothing else.

Edit: Found a thread with "Client crashed probably due to sprite error" few N blocks below mine.
Unfortunately I do not have dro's grf so I guess I'll have to wait for a patch fix then?
Did you download and install the full client from BraveRO website? It seems you're missing the necessary files to run the client. I would suggest you do another clean installation in a new folder and make sure to patch it after the installation. Take note if there are any failed files during patching as sometimes anti-virus or any similar program might block/delete the files.
Did you use an old darkmap.grf or greymap.grf?
Try to replace it with the new one
I couldn't understand the error because it's on japanese Sad, but it looks like to be some missing hairstyle spr and act files.

From what I see on you crash log.

Possibilities :
- Do you install the brave in one new folder / directory? or just copied to other ragnarok game?
- Have you ever use or try to click the ragnarok.exe ragnarok_re.exe others than the bravero.exe in the directories?

Try to :
Uninstall the bravero. then try to re-install it. After that, use the BraveRO Patcher to patch.. wait the patch. and start the game.
That should make it fix.
NOT EVERYONE PLAY FOR PVP
(06-14-2022, 11:57 AM)Xileria Wrote: I couldn't understand the error because it's on japanese Sad, but it looks like to be some missing hairstyle spr and act files.

those look to be a copy of ro that is not directly from bRO download, I have never seen those characters on here
Leader of guild: Angels of Death(AoD)

IGNs
Malaphar (Gunslinger)
Astrial (Soul Linker)
Mallaphar (SC)
Dra'aakan (GX)
Himaust (WL)
Malafar (RG)
Thank you for all the replies.

This computer does not have any other RO installed and everything is downloaded from braveRO website directly, then freshly installed and ran using the braveRO patcher and the whole folder has already been added to the exclusion list before this, along with the BraveRO Patcher.exe and hence it did not trigger my antivirus. I also went and check the protection history just in case and found nothing.

Account is old account from dRO and aside from that nothing's copied over. I can stay on the server selection screen as long as I want but once i hit the Enter button to progress, it will crash before reaching character selection screen.

I will do a fresh installation again with Defender turned off this time and report back.

Edit: Did not work.
By the way, I'm facing the same problem this person had encountered as aforementioned: https://brave-ro.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=44
Hv u tried to run as admin?