Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SkysongsfTrying to run Ragnarok on mini computer
This has been bugging me a while now that there’s no mobile client that actually works for playing Ragnarok so I had this brilliant idea, a raspberry pi4 running windows 10 arm64 edition running off a battery pack would let me play it wherever I had Wi-Fi and a screen, went through the hours of waiting for the windows compiler to finish packing the os so I could install it on the pi got it running only to discover that gepard shield doesn’t like windows test keys edition which is the only version of windows 10 64 bit that’s available for running on an arm cpu, the minimum specs for Ragnarok are 
  • Memory: 128 MB.
  • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100.
  • CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.00GHz.

The only parameters the pi doesn’t meet is the gpu and cpu speed however Ragnarok is not exactly a powerhouse game I used to play it on a laptop that had a 366mhz cpu 320mb of ram and an onboard graphics card that had 4mb of memory and could barely run windows xp
The raspberry pi is way stronger than that old laptop it’s specs are
Broadcom BCM2711, Quad core Cortex-A72 (ARM v8) 64-bit SoC @ 1.5GHz
1GB, 2GB, 4GB or 8GB LPDDR4-3200 SDRAM (depending on model)
2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11ac wireless, Bluetooth 5.0, BLE
Gigabit Ethernet
2 USB 3.0 ports; 2 USB 2.0 ports.
Raspberry Pi standard 40 pin GPIO header (fully backwards compatible with previous boards)
2 × micro-HDMI ports (up to 4kp60 supported)
2-lane MIPI DSI display port
2-lane MIPI CSI camera port
4-pole stereo audio and composite video port
H.265 (4kp60 decode), H264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode)
OpenGL ES 3.1, Vulkan 1.0
Micro-SD card slot for loading operating system and data storage

So I’m just asking why should gepard care what version of windows I’m running 
It would really be nice if someone that had a hand in deciding to use it could explain why it’s such a fat problem that your running a test keys edition of windows 10