Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaadont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing
(09-30-2022, 08:46 AM)Xileria Wrote: True, but ownership here is not based on who claim to be the owner or who we personally know as the owner, it's whoever this server recognized as the account owner.

If they believe account sharing is co-ownership then aaaaa has ownership of the account too. Sharing your account means sharing ownership of that account. I don't think this is really surprising. 

This might be something new for others but not really for me. In the past server, there are cases of people quitting and leaving their accounts for years for other people to use. Later they return, change password of the account and the other players complaining about it, but believe it or not Haze return some of those account to those players who spend more time using the accounts.

More or less, it's what the GM said, your username/password is what gives you the ownership right for an account. If you give another person an access to it, that person will have co ownership with the account. Unless it was stolen there's no reason for GM to take action on anyone using the account. Sharing your account is your own choice.

So yes, in case of aaaaa, the account is considered as under his ownership too. And you can list the reason why based on what GM Frosty stated. 

Also please don't mistake my words as the words of the GMs.  It's just my opinion, I am not involve in this case and I don't know every specifics about this case, I am not the one who banned them and maybe the gm who banned them have better evidences.  I am just laying out a neutral investigation based on how this accounts were possibly banned. I don't know aaaaa or starry and I don't represent the GM who banned them. 

If the GM who banned aaaaa and starry don't care about this thread, we can't help it either. In the end this is not a proper appeal section and we can't force them to reply here.

So in short, the server can choose arbitrarily who the owner of an account is? Why is this not stated in the rules? Isn't it unfair to ban people on something that is not in the rules? The proper action for this is to revise the rules and to ban subsequent violations only. I hope you guys know about ex post facto laws.

I am happy that the players involved are unbanned or have reduced sentence (honestly, they should have been unbanned, since there was no direct violation of the rules, but nevermind, it is the GM's decision). But, for the safety of other players, I hope you guys revise the rules so that people have due process and are informed of the things they have to avoid. Because, even me, I would have not known that it is the GM team that determines ownership, not the one who created it.

Messages In This Thread
RE: dont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing - by celestial - 09-30-2022, 06:40 PM