Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LatteSerious Question Though
Star 
It all boils down to two simple reasons.

PVP is just not as fun and it's not as rewarding (not worth it) as it was back then.

Let's ask a different question.

Why did we even do PVP back then?
I had my fair share of PVP back then. I was an AB main and personally LOVED supporting my guild. They all needed an AB so I became one. Every single person in my party/guild had a task to do in an HA war. Every one was essential to counter or damage the enemy team. Everyone had their very own responsibility. An item would be able to counter one then another skill can counter an item. I had to learn those things as I, an AB, was supposed to be immune to most statuses and be able to tank the enemy team to support my team.

HHH was essential to make me elite. I had to do 400 kills as an AB. Imagine that, an AB spamming meteor on HHH just to get an elite weapon.

HA was fun because we actually had competition.

BG was nice cos I got to support my team and not do much xd.

The main reason we did PVP was because:
  • We had team mates who were interested to do it.
  • Well I needed Elite kills...
  • It was nearly balanced. (Of course we had to nerf some things back then. I remember AV, SGs getting nerfed back then cos they were deemed.. OP.)
  • PVP was our crowning feature. Our PVP was really fun. EVERYTHING I made back then went to me improving my build.

Now, let's go to the present.

When I got back to the server, 3+ months ago, almost ALL my PVP gears are now obsolete. I was gone for three years. That is however, acceptable. Metas change, gears change, things improve and of course, features come up.
But you see, that was a challenge to a returnee like me.

I now had NO idea what to do. So I went into our wiki to check on features I missed. I read it all and some of them are end-game gears. So I decided sure, I could deffo go for those. I even asked people I met in game on new updated builds. As it turns out. My main, Archbishop, is now nearly useless on PVP. My professor needed MORE items. My creator had to focus now on supporting instead. My wanderer needed more expensive items. So on, so fort.
So I farmed. I did PvE to get zeny to afford the things I needed. I got them! I did! It took some time and I managed to do it.
But then.. I hop into WoE and it'll only take a linker a few seconds to kill me if I didn't have the fast response to counter it.
And when  I do it, and someone else chops me down like cake.
Okay, maybe my gears just ain't enough.

Let's keep farming.
Same thing.

Again, and again and again and again.
My trillions worth of gears didn't do shit. Smile

So, what's stopping me from going full on head first into PVP?
  • Why would I even go to HA/HHH if I can just buy elite kills.
  • The classes are no longer as build flexible as they were back then. If I change my build, it's always going to end up having the same outcome anyway. Only one build now works for most classes cos the other skills are just not as good anyway.
  • Unbalanced characters. Why would I try a new class if I could just f1 someone to death with a linker that can't be dispelled, can only be countered by reflect, and can do so much damage in a few seconds. I'm not even gonna mention the other classes that have too much damage on them because that's for a separate discussion.
  • Under powered characters. My AB can be replaced by slims now. My GX can die from reflect from RG. Physical classes are in pain. Warlocks aren't that good as they were before. What even are star gladiators? What even are dorams? Forgotten xd How am I going to try other classes lmao.
  • My gears are going to be obsolete anyway. Even if they won't be, the end-game gears just aren't enough to protect me now from someone who can easily take me down so easily. What even is the point?
  • Who even enjoys dying in a few seconds upon entering a map/arena. I sure don't xd.
  • I can just spend my time fishing, doing instances, mining, talking to friends etc instead of putting myself under unnecessary stress. There are just BETTER ways to spend my time in game.
  • And god oh god. THE LAG. We even had a WoE where our characters were just magically teleporting from one point to another. I'm from SEA. My Ping during that time was at 150-250ms. What about our people outside SEA? Just git gud? XD
  • TILE BUGS. I know it's an old issue. I'm dropping it in anyway. Had this in the old sever, still have it now. Not easy to work around, at all.

Well, that was a lot.
Anyway those are my thoughts. Ta-ta! Big Grin
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
[+] 2 users Like Feurille's post

Messages In This Thread
Serious Question Though - by Latte - 09-08-2022, 05:56 PM
RE: Serious Question Though - by Imminent - 09-08-2022, 07:32 PM
RE: Serious Question Though - by Xileria - 09-09-2022, 05:42 AM
RE: Serious Question Though - by Line- - 09-08-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: Serious Question Though - by celestial - 09-09-2022, 05:10 AM
RE: Serious Question Though - by Feurille - 09-09-2022, 08:44 AM
RE: Serious Question Though - by Latte - 09-09-2022, 08:45 AM