Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aaaaadont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing
(09-29-2022, 07:01 AM)hellohithere Wrote: Hello.. sorry i have a question..

What if the case is you share accounts with your partner? Since we log onto each other’s account/accounts doesnt that look like we’re one person in the eye of the system?

I did ask this once using @request and was told that its fine if its different device.

But like for example sometimes i have to log on to her account to get something, or vice versa..  and if its based on login history, doesnt that make us one person in the eye of the system..?

Thank you in advance to anyone answering this.. i just need clarification

I actually explained this already but alright i'll explain it again.

There is honestly no problem with players playing with their brother, sister and so on or their partners.

GM uses a lot of checks to verify the ownership of the account.
Account credentials - check by the admins.
number of logins - to avoid if they are newly created alts
Login history - where it is getting logged. When it's getting logged.
Device ID -  which device it is frequently getting logged. If it's getting logged more frequently on 1 device at the same time with other account, then it will be likely gonna get considered that those accounts have 1 owner. Just think about it, if they are logged on same device at the same time it's very difficult for GM to assume it's not owned by a single person. 
etc.. 

Again this case is unique. Otherwise a lot could have already got banned for it. 

The problem with this case is because the GM assumed that the account is under the same person after it got banned for dual clienting in dice. It means at one point in time, these 2 accounts that got banned today was logged on same device, same IP used by 1 person and they abused something.

As much as they don't want it to be related in this case, it's a supporting evidence that GM uses and it's a valid one. It will give GM a reasonable suspicion that the account is owned by the same person. Unless these accounts made an appeal back then explaining it. How do you guys expect the GM to suddenly realize that the account was not owned by the same person after it once got banned for dual clienting in an event? 

In short unless you used your partner account to abuse similar event like dice, survival, etc, it's very unlikely that you'll get banned for it. Additionally if your account got banned because someone used it for dual clienting and so on, it's very important to make an appeal for that account separately. It might not help you get away with the ban, but it will at least help the GM have an idea of what happened there. Don't expect GM's to magically realize you don't own those accounts. 

(09-29-2022, 06:35 AM)aaaaa Wrote: lmfao, i got banned by dice once , yet we have a player from staff team that was banned in dro due to being gm and hades abuse. yet hes still staff? the past doesnt matter, even if i did dual in dice once i already explained everything and i even have a witness that i was chatting with arhi with same ip and device. as ive said the dice evidence shouldnt be linked to here, cause it is totally unrelated.  players can say why this player is even sp when he got banned in dro as a gm for abuse? regardless, fak it

Personally I don't know his case because I am most likely inactive that time, so who am I to judge him? As far as I am concerned if you are talking about the person you are complaining earlier, then he was accepted as staff back in past server by the past admin himself. Just saying that if anyone else knows better whether he deserve to be a staff or not it should be Haze himself. If you want to complain about his qualification, i guess asked the past admin about it.

Now if he get caught or banned for anything of similar nature, naturally that case will be used as an evidence too. That's how these previous offenses work
[+] 1 user Likes Xileria's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: dont play with same IP but different devices, even though 2 people are playing - by Xileria - 09-29-2022, 08:10 AM